Monday, March 21, 2011

A Mom's View on the Internet Explorer 9 Launch


I'm not tech savvy, I'm just a Mom. But hey, I got an invite from Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 Launch held March 21, 2011 at 6750 Ayala. And guess what?... I attended, weee!!! But of course, hubby came along with my Spongebob Little Troopers. My kids and I wore similar shirts, or should I say, sandos, with Spongebob print, just goes to show how non-techie I am, LOLZ!

We came in late, hehe, we were not able to register so we didn't get to join the games. My little son wanted to join Jitterbug, so they just played it when the games were over. They even enjoyed running around and eat lots of food.

When I turn my laptop on, which is everyday, my internet browser is what I double click first. This is the only application that I always use and never misses to open. I open my email and login to facebook, and that's it. It never crossed my mind that there are some tricks and advantages in using a good web browser. Does it matter which I use? After attending the launch, I realized that it matters.

I was overwhelmed with the community. They are so hyper. And I wonder if any of my kids will be like them, most specially my eldest is interested to become a hacker, and 1 more year he's off to college. As I watch the young crowd, only then that I realized how important this event is and the application itself. Is it an application? See... I don't even know what they call it. Everyone is so upbeat. And when Master Yoda, Mr. Dexter Quinn Yabut Dar, had his turn on the podium, then I learned a lot, as in a lot. Tricks that I never knew existed, those may be simple to the people who were there, but I have to admit, I have to ask my hubby everytime a new term was mentioned.

And this morning when I double clicked my IE, I came to the realization that there's more to browsing, not just playing games or checking statuses in FB, but there's a long way to learn more. Hopefully one of my kids will become one of those young people in the event. And a dream came to my mind, that someday, just maybe someday, one of my Spongebob Troopers will bear a company ID with the Microsoft logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment